Keeping a clean home can be a challenge even when you don’t have your home listed for sale. Many people are fortunate enough to have regular house cleaners take care of this for them – for the rest of us, we find time in our already busy week to tidy our homes ourselves.
To make the task more attainable, experts suggest that creating a schedule to accomplish the important tasks each week is the best way to keep a clean home without the stress. Taking into account that things change, we suggest customizing this schedule/list to fit your own weekly activities. By using this plan, you will keep your home clean all week, with only 5 days of effort.
- Day 1 – Dust and then vacuum your home. Always dust first because the dust will fall onto the floor. Mop any hard surface floors as well.
- Day 2 – Deep clean bathrooms, shower and toilets, clean mirrors and shine fixtures.
- Day 3 – Address the kitchen. Check the inside of the microwave, oven and wipe off of cabinets.
- Day 4 – Window day. Clean all the windows you can reach. Hire a professional if needed for those really large or hard to get to areas.
- Day 5 – Garden work. During the warmer months, trim trees, remove weeds and remove debris from your yard and garden areas.
Sounds easy, right? Well, no–no it doesn’t. It’s hard to carve out time during the week, BUT breaking up the work into smaller chunks makes it less burdensome. Also, throughout the week, be sure to check for basic maintenance; countertops, kitchen spills and pet hair, etc. This schedule is a framework you can use to create your own plan and make sure your home is always clean.